Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Dear Henry


Today is my last day with you before the craziness of our life picks right back up where I left it 7 weeks ago. Please forgive me today if I hold you a little tighter, rock you a little longer and snuggle with you a little more today. I have cherished the past 7 weeks, have loved spending my days just you and me. I know that you will be fine, you will be with grandmere and meme until we break for Christmas, I am grateful for that, but I am not so sure how I will be. I will miss you. I will miss the break in our routine and schedule. I will miss seeing your beautiful blue eyes when you wake to see the world, your cry that means mama and your little fingers wrapped around mine. I am sure I will cry my way through day one but it will get better, easier, it will be ok, you will be ok, I will be ok.
People around me do not seem to understand how hard it will be, it will be ok, you will be fine, don't worry. I know it will be fine, I know it will be ok but it will still be hard, it will still hurt, I will still miss you. I love you little man :)

1 comment:

Momma Bird said...

Oh Crystal I still remember the weeks leading up that day let alone the day! I so thought about how I could make it work to stay home with Cole. It is hard even when you know they will be fine. They grow up so fast you want to enjoy every minute. Thinking of you!