Saturday, December 18, 2010

911


SCARY! Henry was rushed to Dupount Children's Hospital in Delaware by ambulance on Saturday morning, December 18th. There is nothing so heartbreaking as seeing your 2 month old be strapped, carseat and all, into the ambulance. It was quite an experience and one that I do not hope to repeat any time soon. Henry was seen the Thursday (2 days before) before by his doctor. However, Saturday morning he did not look quite right to me so I thought that I would take him to the local medical center or walk in clinic. I figured the co pay was worth the peace of mind. It was there that they tested his oxygen levels and took chest x rays. He was only breathing at 83% and his x ray showed pneumonia in his right lung. They immediately hooked him up to oxygen and called the ambulance,, he was working too hard to breathe and eventually he would have tired himself out to the point of no return. They were wonderful men, they talked to me the whole way and kept the conversation light, they were very reassuring and calm on such a scary ride. Henry was admitted to the hospital and given antibiotics, we then moved to 3E. This was to be our home until Tuesday morning when we were released. I have nothing but good things to say about the people at Dupount, they were absolutely wonderful!
To all the moms out there I say trust your instincts no matter how silly they may seem. You know your children better then anyone out there and you know when something is not right, go with it. It is the best thing I ever did and I will never doubt them again. I cannot even imagine what the outcome would have been if I had dismissed them as needless worry. God bless :)

No comments: