Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines Day

Another Valentines day has come and gone. The roses have already begun to wilt, the chocolate is eaten and forgotten but the memories, the happiness, the excitement and the smiles that this one day brought will live on forever. I love that so many people will remember Valentine's day for the diamond that sparkles from their finger and as the beginning of the rest of their lives. I love that is scattered with red rose petals, chocolate and first kisses. I love that it is a day to celebrate the love that we feel for those special people in our lives. I love that it is day to thrill, excite and honor what we so often take for granted. I have just finished reading stories on how friends and family shared their special days and it brought a smile to my face! I love Valentines day! I love it for all the reasons above, I love it because I am true and hopeless romantic and I love it because for me it marks my first date, my first kiss with the man that would become my best friend, my husband, my partner and the father to my beautiful children. So you see Valentines day for all its grandeur will always hold a special place in my heart and my memories :)

No comments: