Monday, February 15, 2010

Snowcation 2010

Well the boys and I have just wrapped up an entire week of snow days! We had a record breaking snowstorm down here that started late Friday afternoon did not wrap up till Sunday and then came back around and walloped us again on Tuesday. We have had about 45 inches of snow in Feb alone! Def alot for a southern state like MD. I am not going to lie, it was nice to spend a week in my jammies playing with the boys and being a stay at home mom. We made countless playdough houses, baked cakes, cookies and a few loaves of bread, read stories, colored masterpieces, made our valentines and even practiced our cutting skills (with safety scissors of course) and learned how to write our name. I am afraid however that housatosis has set in and I am looking forward to heading back to school tomorrow if just for the sake of a little adult conversation. That is if the impending storm for tonight does not give us one more day off. I am a little nervous about these days being tacked on to the end of the school year. Our only saving grace is that the gov declared a state of Emergency on Friday and I am hoping it was a freebie! We can hope! If not I will get to celebrate my first fourth of July in school :)

No comments: