Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve


Well, here we are, it is hard to believe that Christmas is upon us yet again. I am super excited for this year. Since I have left home, Christmas has been missing something and until recently I wasn't sure what it was. I still gain that lovely holiday weight from all the delicious cookies and other fattening goodies and I still spend more then I should on Christmas gifts but it was not until Jack came running out of his room the other morning and stood in sheer surprise at our huge and gorgeous Christmas tree, let his mouth hang open and yelled "CHRISTMAS TREE, It s pretty", that I fully realized that it is the pure joy, awe and excitement of children that make Christmas as magical as it us. Now, mind you, there are no lights or decorations on our tree and no presents underneath it. See Santa loves our house, so Santa will bring the lights and decorations with him, along with the presents and decorate the tree on Christmas Eve. This is a new tradition for me, not one that I was too sure about in the beginning but I think it will be amazing to see Jack's shock and awe when he comes out tomorrow morning to see the decorated tree and all the presents that surround it. I am super excited for Christmas this year! Happy Holidays to all!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. So glad you were able to be here after Christmas. Love you,
MMOM