Tuesday, November 23, 2010

November Thanksgivings ~ Catch Up!

ok, so I have not been good about the daily thanksgivings but I thought that I would sum it all up in one post :)

I am thankful for so much. I am thankful for the health of myself and my family, I think all too often we take our health for granted and just assume that everyone is and always will be fine.

I am thankful for three healthy, happy and well adjusted little boys who love life and all the discovery it has to offer.

I am thankful for my family. My mom, dad, brothers and sister who I am very close with and who I know would be there is a heartbeat if I called. As I would be for them. I am thankful for all their love and support and thankful that no matter how many miles separate us at any given time they are all only a phone call away!

I am Thankful for my in laws. They have been wonderful and very welcoming from day one. It is nice to have them close. I am thankful for the wonderful man they have raised and for all their support and understanding :)

I am thankful for my house. It is not my forever house (this is what mike and I refer to as our dream house) but it has been a home for our family to love and grow in. We are very fortunate to have a roof and heat when so many other people as struggling and lacking for what we take for granted.

I am thankful for my job. There are days when I complain and dislike it but overall I am happy doing what I do where I do it. There will always be something that you love and hate about your job no matter what it is, it is the nature of the beast.

I am thankful for my husband. It is rare that you find someone who loves and respects you and is willing to stand by your side for life. I am thankful for his support, his shoulder, strength and love.

I am thankful for life and love. I have been very blessed in this life. I am loved by great people and have been very blessed. I am thankful for that. All too often we take that for granted. I am thankful for all the opportunities that have been awarded me in life and for all the good and bad experiences that have shaped me into the teacher, wife, mother and person that I am. It is easy to focus on the bad stuff sometimes and to live in the future, the dreams that you have for your family and self so I am thankful for the present and life today.

I am thankful for my friends. It is very important to have a few special friends that you can count on no matter what and who are there for you always. I have these special people in my life. There are a small handful of friends from high school that I keep in touch with, although I have to say we had a a pretty tight graduating class, which is nice. I am thankful for my college friends and that we keep in touch. These are still the people I call to share good and bad news with, seek advice and to just catch up on life with. It is nice that even though we do not have to talk much we can just pick up where we left off. I am thankful for the few, good friends I have made here in Maryland. It is nice to have their ear to bend and shoulder to lean on or some good old fashion girl time with!

No comments: